Reborn on the Fourth of July

I promised myself that I will not touch my blog again..but here I am.

But then again , it's the 4th of July, and though I am not not the US, I work for a US company, so today is a holiday, in a manner of speaking. So for all of us skeleton crew left to man the fortress, there is really not much to do, but give free reign to our other side...not necessarily the brighter one. No agents to assist, no pending records to work on...I so love this day!!!

And so I found my blog again. My God, some of the things I wrote here make me cringe. Just the same, I'm writing this and maybe later on, when I get home, I would have the energy to post it.

So here goes. I don't really know if this makes any sense, but here are my thoughts today.

Singlehood. I thank God!!! Need I say more?

Freedom . I do not have to ask permission from anyone for what ever I do and wherever I go. I remember a time when I cannot do this. I cannot even go to the sari-sari store witout my (then) BF in tow. Now I can book trips on a whim....give me all those zero fare trips!!!

Not having kids yet. I used to tell myself that if I'm not married at this age, I will find a way to have a kid and I will raise him/her solo. I even got someone to promise me asistance.(God that feels gross now!!!) But with all prices going sky high, I'm so glad I do not have to worry about a kid, as well. I only have to look at my married officemates at the start of the school year to know that I migt not be able to afford it. Sometimes, though, I think I got it wrong, I should have had a kid at 17. Life was so much easier then...

Financial freedom. I'm working and if my parents need me, I have means of being there for them. I can go places and buy stuff if I put my mind to it, all out of my own pocket.

Inspiration. I'm writing a series of thoughts on singlehood....fun, fun. Friends beware, you will all be in this.

Speaking of friends being in my story, I have another one. which I hope will turn out well. A musical, this time. Musical friends, double beware. HAHAHAHA.

I'm letting my mind go on free association here. I write whatever comes to mind. From stories, my next thought is photograhy,. I've always known I can do this. So with a little more effort, I can make something of my travel photos. This has been nagging my mind since summer. I should do something about it, if only for peace of mind.

Oh, and photos make me think of something elss. I broke another rule, I searched for the Rainman...and I did find him. I am not quite sure, though, if the information I got is enough or too little...but that's all I'm allowing myself for now.


Holiday over.

Comments

Popular Posts