Loving Igor, Loving John

I just watched Igor and fell in love with the movie. I guess I have always been the one to cheer for the underdog, in this case, a mad scientist's assistant called Igor. Now, Igor is just one of the Igors in the land of Malaria - hunchbacked, disfigured and doomed to be nothing more than a bumbling assistant to a mad scientist, whose intellect rates far below his. But this Igor dared to dream. He relentlessly pursued his dream of becoming an inventor himself, and in the process, saved the town from its oppressors, found love, transcended evil, and gave the chance of a better life for all Igors like himself.

I loved the film, not just because it is different, but because it dares to show a lot of issues under the guise of a children's movie. The characters are not beautiful, in the way that we define beauty, but you will sense a deeper layer of beauty underneath them all. The setting is dark, but it provides the perfect background for story as it unfolds. The lines are witty. The characters are loveable.

A lot of people probably did not like this film. But see, this is just me. I loved Igor. I loved John Cusack’s voice. I had a great time.

Oh, and, John Cusack can never go wrong, at least, not as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

Popular Posts