Three Wishes for Joey

I realize that you may not be able to read this, as you may not be into these things, but somehow, I hope the Universe will find a way for my thanks to reach you. I owe you that much, dear friend. I know I haven't been much of a friend to you, as maybe, you have been to me, so let me take the time to say thanks in my own fashion, by sending out these wishes for you.

For all the times you bailed me out of difficulties, acting like the big protector, I wish you years of full health when you can enjoy the sun's warmth, and feel the kiss of the wind, when you will be protected from life's pains.

For all the times we whiled away time talking of everything, and nothing, I wish you more years filled with love and laughter to enjoy the closeness of those who truly love you.

For all the times you took the effort to spend time with a kid who did not know how to value your love, nor how to show you hers, I wish you even more years to find and feel the love you truly deserve.

Years and years and years of health, happiness and love, my friend, you deserve these. I know you are suffering now, and I would like to shout, UNFAIR!!! You are far too young for this. And yet I sit here, not able to do anything but wish, with all my heart, and hope that somehow, in the great scheme of things, it counts for something.

You must remember how I once said that you were the best ever friend I have back home. You still are. I may not be able to show it, but my heart knows this, and that is where the truth resides.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:37 PM

    i don't know what joey might be going through but i hope she's finally overcame it and that she's having the time of her (feeling ko babae s'ya eh... hehehe) life right about now. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts