Project Tsinelas

Yesterday, my friends and I went around the city to distribute slippers and food to street kids. With barely 3 weeks of preparation, I am so very happy that my little project worked. Lots of people, some I don't even know, donated slippers and even cash to help out.

I would have been happy had I collected only 20 pairs of slippers to give out . As it turned out, we distributed almost 70 pairs, as well as 16 bags of cupcakes. And donations are still coming in. We will have to do a Part 2 before the year ends.

I salute the people who have shown kindness to the less fortunate. I salute God for using my friends and I as instruments.

I pray my little project not only gave comfort to tired feet and hungry stomachs, but hope for a better life. And I pray that the kindness goes on, long after the season is gone.

Comments

Popular Posts