I Knew You Could Never Forget

I knew you could never forget . Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In songs, I know you could remember me. For every memory would vibrate into the air my name.

In silence, my dear, never could you drown the memory of me. For silence is I, myself.

Yes, I understand, I have always understood. I never mistook for a fault an indifferent thing in you. I knew and wanted not your faults, but you.

Even if you hurt my feelings, I'd still remember you.

If ever I went away, it is not because I misunderstood. It was only because I wanted you to realize that you cannot forget me. It was because I was all the while in your sight that you thought you could not lose me.

Now that I am gone, now that you are alone, you are awakened from your sleep.

I knew, beloved, you could not forget.

Perhaps you were sincere when you bade your last adieu for you thought you could do it.

But I knew you more than you. And I wanted you to realize that I alone can blend music and memory into one consuming ecstasy.

I alone, because I love you...

*ps this was supposed to have been written by A. Florendo in response to R. Carbonell's Beyond Forgetting

Comments

Popular Posts