Raining Dalmatians

Once, during a room renovation spree, I decided that I wanted to give my room a zen-like, minimalist atmosphere. So I had shelves installed so I can keep my stuff contained in one area. I also moved the bed to the side so that the middle of the room will be clear space. Since I also wanted to work off my excess pounds a little bit, I had the exercise bike installed in the room as well.

I did not factor Jumong, the family baby, when I made the decision to renovate the room.

I just lately realized that the open space, the stuff in the shelves, as well as the exercise bike, really are irresistable for a two year old boy. I think, to him, my room looks exactly like a small playground. Lately, his favorite game is this: he would gather all my little dalmatian toys (free from McDonald's Happy meals, from a long way back), put them on the bike seat, then shake the seat until they all fall off. Poor dogs, which, by the way, he alternately calls baby and ato (as in aso, dog).

My room now looks like a battle zone. Dalmatians, broken wooden puzzle vehicles, slippers, and what-have-you's all over the place. Well, so much for zen-like atmosphere. At least the whole house is ringing with laughter. What more can I ask for?

Comments

Popular Posts