City Girl Musings

I guess I really am a city girl. l enjoy the countryside and all, often taking time out just to find a quiet place, away from all the noise and dirt, but the truth is, I cannot stay away from the city for long. I love that here, when you need something, there are places where you can actually find everything. Out here, even novelties are non-novelties.

And yet, I need a getaway, too; a place to escape to when the city becomes to much for me. It used to be our town, but not so much these days. Whenever I go home, it saddens me that our town is fast becoming a small city. SM has become just like McDonald's and 7-11, in every corner, in every town. When I am there, I often stay indoors, just so I could keep in my mind our town, as I remember it, not as it is now.

Here is my wish then, to find a quiet piece of land in a province, and make my own getaway. Maybe I could put up a small coffee shop and library,as well. But it should not be far from the city. A short drive, a plane ride away, will do. Good compromise, isn't it?

Compromise, now there's the word I've been looking for.

Comments

  1. Isn't it nice to just dream? I hope you reach your dreams, dear. I understand where you're coming from. I think we have similar thoughts about this. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts