Sad Poem???

I just found an old poem of mine in an old friend's blog:

Where does the loving go
after the pain subsides
and tears fade into the night?
Maybe, it simply hides...

What becomes of a heart
as it continues to try
and keep from falling apart?
Maybe it silently cries...

What becomes of promises
when it seems forever won't last
and the heart no longer trusts?
Maybe, they loosen their ties...

Where does the loving go
after every goodbye?
Maybe, just maybe, it dies...

I was just looking for anything with a connection to my name online, and it was the one thing I found which was really about me. How strange. She said it was the saddest poem she has ever read. I thought it weird; I did not mean for it to be a sad poem. It was just a reflection of a younger me on a big question.
I'm older now; still not sure if there is an answer. I guess that makes it a sad poem.

Comments

Popular Posts